Monday, November 11, 2013

Weekend Recap

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I have been struggling all day at work today...I hope that it's just exhaustion from such a great couple of days and not any sort of sickness creeping up on me. :x

Friday night, my new work friend Michael and I totally fan girled out. Haha. Our friend Rachael's boyfriend is super cool and in a band...and a GOOD band at that! (Check them out) They played at Vinyl which is a great venue to get up close to whatever band you are going to see. They played a FANTASTIC show and we took this fab pic afterwards:


Aren't we presh?

Saturday (due to my over consumption on Friday) I was pretty worthless. Steve and I watched football all day (like any other Saturday, I guess) and then we had SUPPER CLUB! How perfect that a day I am in dire need of some home cooking, we have supper club. Lucky me! :) In case I haven't mentioned it before, Steve and I are in a supper club where every second Saturday of the month, some friends hosts dinner for the rest of the group. Last month Steve and I hosted, and we did an Oktoberfest theme. We made Bavarian pretzels with mustard and beer cheese dips, as well as some delicious bratwurst that Steve made. I hate to brag (no, not really--I love to brag on him) but Steve is a wonderful cook--everyone loved our meal! This week, Scott and Beth hosted and their theme was Chilistravaganza. Let me just say that I WILL be making Beth's version of white chicken chili very soon. It was by far my favorite of the selection. They also had a turkey southwest style chili and your traditional beef chili. They even...served it in bread bowls. No, no...I didn't partake. Steve is keeping me accountable on this low-carb diet. But how cool is that? Bread bowls with different kinds of chili? I was loving it. We all hung out and watched the Alabama game with full bellies, but you better believe we had dessert at half-time. Peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream was the PERFECT finisher. (I pretended that Beth baked all of the carbs out of that--it was delicious!) Next month our supper club is going out for dinner...plans TBD, but I am already looking forward to it!

Sunday morning I hung out with the crawlers at church (I missed them last week!) and then went to the 11:00 am service. It was a really good message--Steve and I had some good conversation following the message. I think we all have those things that we justify in our minds, thinking "I just want to do this and even though it may not be the "right thing" to someone else, it's okay by me"...as long as no one gets hurt. It's human, but it was good to hear Andy call us out on this so we can be more aware and recognize that decisions we make effect not only us, but the people around us, and the people that love us.

After church, Steve and I met his parents at Houston's where I thoroughly enjoyed their veggie burger...seriously, have ya'll ever had it? It's delicious. After we ate, we headed to the Cobb Energy Performing Arts Center...HOLY COW! That place is cool! I know it's surprising considering the amount of time I spend at concerts, but I had never been to Cobb Energy until last night. It's a very cool venue. The reason we were there was to see the fabulous...

The show was wonderful. Even Steve enjoyed it. He said "it's just one of those things you gotta see, right?" haha that was his way of saying it was good. He liked this part:

I think my favorite part was at the end when they were wearing the outfits covered in Swarovski crystals...BEAUTIFUL! It was a wonderful show that really put me in the Christmas spirit! When is an acceptable time to start decorating? I feel like I have this dilemma every year!

All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. Today I have been totally exhausted and I feel like I've been coughing a lot, so I'm going to go home and get some rest! Gotta get back in the gym tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment