Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Baby on the way!

My bestest friend in the whole wide world is PREGNANT!

Victoria and her husband, Dylan, have been friends of mine since high school. Due to Dylan's commitment to the Marines (ooh-rah!) they are living in Jacksonville, NC (Camp LeJuene). Victoria came down to Atlanta for visit, and on July 10 she shared with me the miracle that is BABY G! It was so perfect the way she shared the news with me, because she and I are your typical winos. We love spilling secrets over some pinot noir!

So, truth be told, I had a little inkling that something was going on..and had said prayers to God asking that she please, oh please be pregnant but had no such confirmation via phone. SO with that being said, I was excited to hang out..but when she immediately asked if I was ready to drink some wine I felt disheartened. Dangit! No baby yet. But lo and behold--that sneaky Victoria turns around with a big ol' wine glass decorated with the words:

AUNT SARAH'S SIPPY CUP

Oh my gosh! I was so freakin' excited, I couldn't help but cry. Even though I had thought about it and prayed about, there is nothing like that moment when you actually have that dream materialize and it becomes REAL.

This is such an exciting time in her and Dylan's lives, and I feel so lucky to be a part of it as "Aunt Sarah". I am going to spoil this kid to DEATH!

I am so loving that it has revived her blogging life, because she truly is such a wonderful writer. Follow along on her pregnancy journey--I'm sure it will be full of fun stories. She's got a way with words, that one. ;)

Needless to say, I've been looking around on Pinterest and trying to get ideas for the perfect baby shower. Anyone have any tips on where to get cute decor? I toyed with the idea of getting a Cricut, but that comes with a hefty price tag! Anybody have one I can borrow? :)

1 comment:

  1. Love this! Baby G will have the best Auntie. We love ya!

    ReplyDelete