Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Pup-n-Cuts - A Review

Today, Harleigh had her first groomer's experience. In all her 22 months of living, she's only been bathed by the hands of her loving mother and had her nails done at the vet...so this was going to be an experience for sure.

Pup-n-Cuts, located only a mile from my house at 2573 Apple Valley Rd, was recommended to me by a friend so I took his word for it and booked her an appointment. They were able to get her in with a day's notice, so that was really convenient. Harleigh and I arrived at Pup-n-Cuts at 8:25 a.m. and I let Harleigh sniff around the yard.

From the outside, there's not much. Apparently they are having a hard time keeping grass alive in the front yard--doesn't have much curb appeal. Especially in such a lively growing area like Brookhaven, you'd expect a little more "oomph" from the street. When a member of the staff arrived at 8:40 (note 10 minutes after said appointment time/open for business) they mentioned something about wondering where the receptionist was. OK--strike one. I get that it's 10 minutes, but I was going in late to work to make sure I got there at 8:30 for her check-in time. Just made me feel like my time wasn't appreciated/respected. The inside (the lobby at least) seemed clean and well kept. As a new customer, I would have appreciated a tour but didn't have much time left to get to work. Inside, they didn't say much--just had me sign a form which they hurried me through to sign so I didn't get to read the whole thing. That was annoying since THEY were late to begin with, not me! Harleigh is a scaredy cat--especially of men. The two techs there were both men, so I knew she'd be hesitant to go back with them. Harls was on a pinch collar and the tech kept pulling it to get her to come to him. I didn't love that, so of course I intervened and tried to get her to warm up to him. I was able to walk her back and say bye. I felt like a mama dropping her kid off at pre-k or something (as I know that is happening in some schools today!).

She was done by lunch time, so I swung by to pick her up and she was of course just fine. She was smelling good and pretty as ever--although not looking very different. My receipt was a simple credit card receipt, nothing with the services performed. I couldn't tell you if they gave her a cut or not, but she sure did smell good and her nails were nice and trimmed! I would have enjoyed a cute little bandana that screams "I am cute and clean!" to share with you all here on the blog/insta/fb but they didn't do anything special like that. I guess I'm that customer that needs that extra bit to return, so I'll keep shopping around for a neighborhood groomer for my princess. Any recommendations fellow dog owners?



No comments:

Post a Comment