Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Short hair, don't care

My spa day last Saturday was absolutely wonderful. Spa Sydell worked out all the kinks in my back and I was so relaxed leaving there. It was pretty obvious to my massage therapist which side I wore my purse on. ouch. I felt so much better after leaving there, though. I swear never to go that long without a massage ever again!

After the spa, I grabbed a smoothie from Robeks (P.S. I love you Strawnana) and headed over to Nail Talk & Tan to continue the self-pampering. Out of respect for the last stretch of summer, I sprang for a color with a bit orange-r hue. It looks fab, if I do say so myself! (OPI Tasmanian Devil Made Me Do It)


Please disregard my man-hands; I have this terrible habit of biting my nails. I know, I know...it's bad. Working on it, people! High stress levels lately!

After my mani/pedi sesh, I headed over to Aveda. It was time to say "adios, ombre"..little did I know it'd be saying bye-bye to 5 inches of my precious hair! During the consultation I explained I had booked a cut and color because with the amount of hair I was wanting to cut off I figured it wouldn't cut out all the ombre. They talked me into just getting a cut, saying there would hardly be any ombre left--that it would just look like it was "sun-kissed". Ha, yeah right. After they chopped off 5 inches there was still a large heaping of blonde on the ends. Not cute. So then they had to go back and foil sections of my hair back there to cover it up. Holy moly, my butt was tingling from sitting in that chair so long!


So now, I have short hair. There was a 2 day long feeling of shock (pictured above), of which has worn off (sorta). I still can't believe they hacked off so much hair, but I'm gonna work it. I mean, that's the great thing about hair. It grows back.

Cheers to a day of pampering--every girls deserves a day to herself!

No comments:

Post a Comment