Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Hump Day Random Thoughts

Mike. Mike. Mike. Mike. Guess what today is?

Since I'm still wading through pages upon pages of boots for fall 2013, my intended post is not ready for print. Therefore, hump day randoms will have to do. :)

Katy Perry's new single, "Roar"
Are you kidding me? Does this woman ever sleep? Her genious for poppy songs that make me feel 20 years old again never disappoints. Katy--you are my bubblegum pop princess. /end obsession here

Orange is the New Black
I literally cannot STOP with this show. Netflix, you are sucking up all my free time. I have literally gone home everyday this week to watch an episode (thanks for canceling on me, clients!). THEN a great thing happened today. Halfway through my Fresh Market wrap, I realized I could watch it FROM MY PHONE. Cue frantic texts asking for logins. Who is my favorite character? Ah, how does one decide? I adore the friendship between Pussey and Taystee, and think the extreme character of Pennsatucky is hilarious. I was hoping to see more of Yoga Jones, but was told by my roommate that I will find out her story later in the season. Yeah, since my roomie doesn't start student teaching until next week, she had a marathon--RUDE!!) I must say thank you, Buzzfeed, for making me fall even more in love with the cast. #newvice

Boys Golf Weekend
Steve is heading out of town this weekend for his annual golf trip with a few buddies. They call it the "Armadillo Open" for reasons beyond me, but as the supportive and loving girlfriend that I am, I made them some koozies. Now they're legit.

Spa-ahhhhh Day
...so with Steve being gone, I scheduled a massage at Spa Sydell on Saturday. I scored it on Groupon, and I love getting a good deal. While the massage alone would be wonderful, I took it one step further and booked an afternoon appointment at Aveda to get my hair done. It's been a good, long run ombre hair...but it's time for a change. And these split ends are BEGGING for some attention. #hurrdid

*NSYNC reuniting
Say it out loud, ladies. Actually, SCREAM it out loud (like I have been). Holy cow, Sunday night cannot come soon enough. *NSYNC is reuniting to perform at the VMAs on Sunday night. JT is getting some sort of award (shocking) so the whole crew is getting together to throw down. I. Can't. Wait.

-bye, bye, bye!-

No comments:

Post a Comment