Friday, August 2, 2013

Finally Friday!

The work week coming back from vacation is always SO hard. This week has seemed to drag on! Can I get an AMEN?!

Last night Steve and I accompanied his mom to dinner and a movie. We went to Davio's for dinner--delicious! I loved their reserve cabernet so try a glass if you ever dine with them. It will taste great with probably anything--his moma and I both order the chicken, but Steve got the braised ribs which literally melted off his fork. After dinner we went upstairs to AMC at Phipps to see "Restless Heart". Thank goodness for recliner chairs because that was a LONG movie! Probably 2 hr 15 min...and then add on 20 min of previews. LONG. But I will say, it was an interesting moving. My growing up in a Southern Baptist church and now being a part of a non-denominational congregation, it has been quite a learning experience growing in Steve and I's spiritual relationship. I am learning more about the Catholic faith at every mass, in every discussion we have, etc. I'm keeping an open-mind and open-heart to learn more about the faith in which he was raised.

So it's finally Friday and I'm so excited about my plans for the weekend! Tonight Steve and I are going to have some alone time wandering around Decatur. Some friends of ours highly recommended a farm-to-table restaurant called The Pinewood that I think we're going to check out. Do you have a favorite spot in Decatur we should check out tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment